On the March 17 2016, JGI in Uganda will launch the JGI Deforestation Watcher App which has been tested by Forest Monitors, rangers and NFA staff in forests of Budongo, Bugoma, Kalinzu and Kasyoha Kitomi Central Forest reserves and Kibale National Park and also by private forest owners within the Budongo – Bugoma Chimpanzee Corridor in Hoima and Masindi districts for the last six months. But just ahead of the launch, we have just concluded filming outstanding testers and their associated success stories of the Forest Watcher App and generally the application of Mobile technologies in conservation of wildlife and forest ecosystems. The footage will be viewed on the day of the launch of the JGI Deforestation Watcher App at Golf Course Hotel and later on be posted on JGI social media. Special thanks go to Fernando Turmo from the Tchimpounga Chimpanzee Rehabilitation Center in the Republic of Congo for helping us with filming.(The Forest Watcher App puts near-real time alerts in the hands of local communities and forest monitors equipped with mobile smartphones and tablets….http://mashable.com/2016/02/24/app-detects-deforestation/…).
- Celebrating the World Wildlife Day 2017 in Uganda.
- JGI in Uganda is searching for a Finance Manager/ Accountant.
- Are you a young leader aged between 18 and 25 years? JGI Uganda is looking for you to join her Roots & Shoots Uganda National Youth Leadership Council.
- Introducing Stany Nyandwi, JGI Uganda’s new Education Assistant.
- We are looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill up the available vacant positions.(Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Communication and Policy Coordination Manager).