The Jane Goodall Institute’s overall mission is to “conserve chimpanzees and their habitats.”
JGI’s vision that stable, viable and diverse populations of chimpanzees live in peaceful co-existence with human communities.
- JGI strives to respect, nourish and protect all living things, humans, animals and the environment, as they are all interconnected.
- JGI believes that knowledge leads to understanding, and that understanding encourages action.
- JGI believes that every individual has the ability to make a positive difference.
- JGI believes that flexibility and open mindedness are essential in enabling us to respond to a changing world.
- JGI requires integrity and compassion in all that we do and say.
- Increase conservation of chimpanzees and their habitats
- Increase awareness of, support for and training in issues related to our relationships with one another, the environment and other animals, leading to positive behavior change
- Expand noninvasive research on chimpanzees and other primates
- Promote activities that ensure the well-being of chimpanzees, other primates and all animal